At the third meeting of the CDM CHC, which was convened December 12, 2008, it was agreed in principle that the CDM CHC will provide technical guidance for the development of a Monitoring, Evaluating and Reporting framework for the Enhanced CDM Strategy.
The overall function of the Sub-Committee for the Development of a MER Framework is to provide technical advice for the development of the MER Framework for the Enhanced CDM Strategy.
The specific roles and responsibilities of the Sub-Committee are to:
- Provide technical guidance on the process/methodology to be utilized for the roll out of the MER Consultancy,
- Review and endorse the key deliverables of the MER Consultancy,
- Provide timely feedback on the reports/outputs of the MER Consultancy,
- Identify opportunities for synergies and the rationalization of resources for the development and implementation of the MER Framework,
- Make technical and strategic recommendations to the CDERA CU on opportunities for enhancing and sustaining the MER Framework,
- Make recommendations to the CDERA CU on technical and strategic issues to be addressed in the implementation of the MER Framework,
- Report to the CDM CHC on technical and functional matters related to the CDM MER Framework.
- Note the feedback of the wider CDM CHC
The specific roles and responsibilities of the Sub-Regional Focal Points are to:
- Ensure PS within their Sub-Region are aware of the outputs of the MER Framework Consultancy and have been afforded an opportunity to provide comments
- Ensure that comments/suggestions from PS within their Sub-Region are directed to the Consultant through the Sub-Committee.
The membership of the Sub-Committee includes the following institutions:
- Caribbean Community (CARICOM)
- The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC)
- The Canadian International Development Fund (CIDA)
- The UK Department for International Development (DFID).
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- The Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS)
- Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency (CDERA)
- Jamaica Sub-Regional Focal Point
- Antigua and Barbuda Sub-Regional Focal Point
- Trinidad and Tobago Sub-Regional Focal Point
- Barbados Sub-Regional Focal Point