The first meeting of Sector Leads was convened on 21st April 2008. The overall function of the CDM Sector Lead is to provide overall leadership and guidance in the mainstreaming , coordination and harmonization of CDM implementation at the sector level.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities of the CDM (Name) Sector Lead
- Support the development of sector work programmes designed to mainstream disaster risk management at the sector level.
- Coordinate sector reports on progress in the mainstreaming of disaster risk management at the sector level.
- Coordinate sector reports on progress related to climate change, gender and Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) cross cutting themes.
- Coordinate meetings of the Sector Committees
- Represent sector views and positions through attendance at the CDM Coordination and Harmonization Council.
- Highlight the issues and recommendations from Sector Sub-Committees
Sector Leads have been confirmed as follows:
- Agriculture Sector – Minister of Agriculture, Antigua and Barbuda.
- Civil Society Sector – Caribbean Policy Development Centre (CPDC) and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRCS) serve as Co-Chairs
- Education Sector – University of the West Indies and University of Guyana serve as Co-Chairs
- Health Sector – Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO)
- Tourism Sector – Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO)